MPA is currently seeking the services of a Finance & Operations Assistant to support the Executive Director with financial reporting, grant writing and tracking, membership, and fundraising, on a flexible 5-8 hours/week schedule, with occasional extra hours during major events.
Montana Preservation Alliance is located in the old Stone House in historic Reeder’s Alley. For 30 years, the mission has been to save and protect our state’s historic places, traditional landscapes and cultural heritage. This is a statewide nonprofit supported by an enthusiastic group of members as well as a combination of grants, donors and agency partnerships.
Scope of Services:
- Work with the MPA Director to maintain financial records of the organization.
- Assist MPA Director and MPA Board Treasurer to follow best practice procedures for financial management and nonprofit record keeping.
Skills: Bookkeeping in QuickBooks Pro for Nonprofits
- Track financial activities of MPA on a weekly basis: accounts receivable/payable, invoicing, payroll, staff expenses.
- Maintain up-to-date financial records with monthly/yearly reporting
- Provide timely quarterly and annual financial reports to MPA Director, Board Treasurer and accountants as needed for operational tracking, tax and nonprofit reporting
- Assist MPA Director and Outreach Director with member appeals, tracking and acknowledgements
- As time allows, assist MPA Director and Staff to prepare and manage grants.
- The Finance & Operations Assistant will be hired on a contract basis, working as-needed with the quarterly cycles of the organization. Pay level will be commensurate with experience and average pay for this type of work. As a part-time contractor, this assistant does not earn paid vacation or paid sick leave, however, in future there is potential to join permanent staff.
Individuals with bookkeeping, outreach, writing, database skills, and an interest to join a creative group working to protect Montana’s heritage for the future may contact:
Chere Jiusto, Executive Director
Montana Preservation Alliance
120 Reeder’s Alley, Helena, Montana