2014 MPA YEAR IN REVIEW!
We pack a lot into one year! Whether we’re in the office working away or out in the field teaching, recording, and repairing, we never lose site of our mission to preserve Montana’s historic buildings and places.
- Letters, meetings, research, calling, and spreading the word to save Central School, Helena; Mills Hall, Helena, and more.
- Reviving industrial heritage at Western Clay Mfg. in Helena
- Hands-on training in Yellowstone National Park
- Consulting with owners of historic one- and two-room schools
- Montana: Land of Many Nations Ethnic Atlas
- Society of Architectural Historians: 100 Montana Buildings
- Big Creek Ranger Station National Register Listing
- Swift Current Bridge Historic American Engineering Record
- Montana Battlefields Documentation
OUTREACH & EDUCATION
- Montana Preservation Road Show in Lewistown
- Of Sage & Stone, SW MT Heritage Tourism Website & App
- Yellowstone National Park Parkitecture Tour
- Yellowstone Preservation & Stewardship Conference
- Preservation Excellence Awards
- Big Sky Schoolhouse Survey
- Visions & Voices: Montana’s One-Room Schoolhouses reprint